Our client, a leading property advisory firm are seeking a MRICS qualified management surveyor to work within their Commercial Property Management team managing a mixed portfolio of mainly offices and retail assets. The successful candidate will be a motivated, enthusiastic individual with a minimum of 2 years previous experience.
Main Responsibilities include:
- To take responsibility for full day to day management of a proportion of the portfolio - including single as well as multi let properties - mainly office and retail properties.
- To assist with property matters for a bookmaker with 100 shops
- Report to the Head of Commercial Management
- To inspect properties at least twice a year
- To be able to draw up service charge budgets and issue reconciliations.
- To work with the accounts team to ensure swift collection of quarterly/monthly rent, service charge etc and to chase arrears when required
- To work with new business team where required
- To be able to appoint, and deal with third party consultants, such as letting agents, building surveyors, rent review surveyors, solicitors etc
- To have a good understanding of Landlord & Tenant law and procedures, and implement where appropriate.
- To be able to negotiate lettings, lease matters such as assignments, surrenders, alterations, rent reviews, lease renewals etc
- To be able to arrange minor works and work with contractors/suppliers.
- To be able to deal with insurance claims as and when they arise.
- To be able to assist with asset enhancing strategies for the portfolio where the opportunity arises.
- To have a good understanding of health & safety and other statutory requirements and implement as necessary.
- To be able to deal with tenants as appropriate and be a good communicator.
- To work with Joint Venture partners as required.
- To be a good team player and be motivated
- Any other duties as deemed necessary to assist the commercial management team.
If you like the sound of this role and think you have the right skills to succeed in this role then please do not hesitate to get in contact with Hollie Davies on the General Practice desk at Deverell Smith on 0203 056 0270 or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org