My client is a family-owned property business. Their main estate is a 17-acre site in Barking, Essex. The estate was formerly a brownfield industrial site, but has recently been sold as a long lease to a Developer to construct a residential scheme of 950 units on two thirds of the site. The remaining third of the site hosts about 120,000 square feet of modern warehousing units.
They are now looking for a new Managing Director to manage the existing estate and look for new assets. The role is part-time, 3 days/week. The role is based at the company's office in Barking, although there is scope for homeworking.
The MD will work with the Chair and board of the company to maximise the value of its assets and cash generation. The main functions are:
- maximising the value and income of the portfolio
- ensuring the Developer is following our contract
- increasing the asset base of the company
- administrative and regulatory activities
At present, there is secretarial/administrative support, and outsourced book-keeping/accounting.
They are looking for someone who:
- has property experience
- has business management experience
- is confident and presentable, able to engage on all levels with professional advisers, agents, contractors, and banks
- is self-motivated and can work under their own initiative
- is capable of the complete spectrum of activities from strategy to administrative detail
- is comfortable operating within a family-owned business.