Deverell Smith are working with a national Build to Rent operator, who are seeking a Mobilisation Manager who will assist with the delivery of a number of BTR Schemes creating outstanding customer service and enhancing the resident experience. The successful candidate will help with inputting knowledge and experience at design stage to maximise net income for the client and offering a comprehensive pre-management service which includes;
- Building specification
- Branding advice
- Service Provision
Roles and Responsibilities:
Risk and Opportunity Analysis
- To proactively network and build professional partnerships and relationships with 3rd party providers. E.g. utility companies
- Where required, to present the built to rent offering to external clients.
- To analyse marketing strategies, potential opportunities and financials, evaluating options and best next steps.
- To negotiate strategies and examine risks and opportunities.
- Budget preparation ensuring that all relevant and necessary line items are captured
- Ensure that estimated rental valuations are completed and comparable evidence is provided
- Full preparation of financial operating models ensuring all areas of ongoing management, recruitment and income are captured.
Implementation and Onboarding
- To support the smooth introduction and transfer in management of an existing build to rent scheme.
- Partnering internal teams to develop and deliver a proper financial health check, budget and transfer plan.
- Developing and overseeing an appropriate Property Management Schedule for new buildings and a cycle for assessments, driving the right outcomes and follow-up
- Developing and overseeing an appropriate Property Service Schedule, with effective supplier and invoice management and the right approach to planned, cyclical and unplanned maintenance
- Strong management and communication with Building Services staff to ensure peck performance.
- Ensuring H&S issues and all regulatory needs are fully met.
- Attend and input to design team meetings with developers and clients, providing knowledge of the industry and building management to influence design execution and ensure operational efficiency once the buildings are live.
- Complete planning strategies when required. E.g. management, waste and postal strategies.
- To act as a senior member of the team, contributing proactively to operations and role modelling the values and key behaviours.
- To contribute to recruiting, developing and retaining talent.
- To promote peak performance through objective setting, personal development, team meetings and performance reviews.
- To ensure all policies and processes are adhered to and regulations respected, with accurate and timely work delivered by you and members of your team.
- To promote effective two-way communication and true engagement.
Critical Skills Required:
- Confident, persuasive and credible.
- Articulate with strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting deadlines, and support the team to prioritise work within a busy environment.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative, whilst respecting internal policies, legislation and regulation.
- Effective people management and delegation skills.
- Customer service skills at the highest level.
- Financial management.
Critical Knowledge Required:
- Commercial knowledge to analyse market data and provide accurate comparable evidence.
- Industry specific knowledge, commercial understanding and business acumen.
- Knowledgeable in relevant regulations, legislation, guidance and best practice. Able to apply knowledge practically day-to-day, for example in terms of RICs, ARMA-Q and H&S legislation.
- Seeks opportunities to develop and maintain the necessary technical knowledge required to be fully effective in role.
- Must have a full driving license and own car
To discuss further please contact Nick Hammond.