Founded on a three-man partnership with a collective 90 years of construction experience, this is a rare opportunity to join a specialist consultancy with an outstanding track-record for facilitating the delivery of complex schemes, often in the face of severe financial challenges. Specialists across the development life-cycle in offering strategic guidance and assembling the requisite specialists to ensure project delivery (with a particular specialism in Distressed Project Recovery), our client seeks a Project Surveyor with several years' experience (ideally an MRICS chartered Quantity Surveyor) of delivering large-scale (units numbering well into the hundreds), high-value, complex residential developments.
With a hand in the delivery of over 100 developments throughout London, the UK and Central Europe, comprising more than 5,000 residential units, our client pride themselves on defying the widespread trend in 'negative value engineering,' drawing upon board-level expertise comprising not only consultancy, but past experience working for both main contractors and developers. The rich vein of deep sector knowledge has proved the backbone of this company's stellar reputation and cemented their reputation for adding value at any stage of the development life-cycle, from pre-investment through to completion - handling all associated strategic considerations throughout the course of this process - to ensure timely and optimal release of funds.
This is a role which will address every phase of the project life-cycle (though not necessarily on a single project) and will entail a significant amount of client engagement. In many instances, all specialist consultants will be answerable to the successful applicant, who will also frequently operate in the capacity of Funder/Investor's Representative. The remit will broadly - and by necessity - reflect the project life-cycle, encompassing the following duties:
- Investment Analysis
- Financial due Diligence
- Project Monitoring
- Cost Planning
- Design: Appointments and Review
- Overseeing the Tender Process and Contractual Appointments
- Progress Reporting
- Cost and Quality Control
The ideal candidate can come from either a consultancy/client-side or main-contracting background and will possess the following qualities:
- A minimum of a BSc degree in Quantity Surveying and ideally have already secured MRICS accreditation
- Extensive experience in both Project and Cost Management
- A minimum of 5 years experience of overseeing the delivery of high-value, large-scale residential projects
- Be based in Central London
- A holistic appreciation of the development process, from 'cradle' to 'grave'
- Be polished, presentable and highly client-facing
- Competent and comfortable dealing with stakeholders across many professional milieus
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a reputable industry specialist and only the strongest candidates need apply.
Salaries will range, dependent on experience from £60,000 - £80,000