Operations & Office Manager
We have just received a new and exciting role in High Barnet for an Operations & Office Manager to join a small but growing business. The operations manager will organise the day to day management system of full time engineers, plus a varied team of subcontractors. The ideal candidate must be willing to work autonomously within a family run business. The majority of the role will be via phone and email therefore it is vital that you are self-motivated and happy to work in an autonomous role.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with clients via phone & email
- Log new job / work orders and distribute jobs to the correct engineers.
- Effectively manage any arising issues from each job and keep clients up to date.
- Maximise the utilisation of the work force & facilitate maximum team performance.
- Create reports, quotations, invoices & general correspondence for clients.
- Oversee the implementation of new bespoke software system for tracking jobs, creating quotes & invoices.
- Oversee supplier accounts & analyse material orders for invoicing purposes.
- Manage productivity of Office Assistant
- Ensure clients receive regular updates on the status of confirmed / pending jobs and to provide notifications once jobs are complete.
- Organising the office layout and maintain supplies of stationery and equipment.
- Maintain the condition of the office including technical support where necessary.
- To work with the Director to produce tenders for new contract work.
- To ensure that all vehicles within the company fleet are legal and roadworthy at all times.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organised & methodical.
- Solution orientated.
- Adaptable - show flexibility in your approach to work.
- Drive - a passion to drive the business forward, improve customer satisfaction and look for avenues of expanding the client portfolio where possible.
- Deal with Pressure - be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail regardless of the level of workload.
- Client Relations - demonstrate high customer focus and time management skills.
- Conflict - hold the ability to deal with difficult people and handle conflicting opinions
- Self-motivation - some time will be spent in the office alone so the person must be forward thinking & on the ball without the need to be constantly managed.
- Act with self-confidence, decisiveness and integrity at all times - ability to build trust and effective working relationships.
- Experience within a property maintenance or building company or a within property/block/estate management or a similar industry is required.
If you are interested in this role, and would like to hear more about the position please get in touch with Isabella Laws at Deverell Smith for a confidential chat.