Deverell Smith are working exclusively with one of the largest providers of privately rented housing in the UK, and a leading player in the Private Rented Sector (PRS). They own over 40,000 homes with an asset value of over £7 billion.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to lead the strategic management of their owned portfolio of properties rented in the private sector and the management of their third party property management company, employed by our client to undertake the day to day provision of property management services e.g rent collection, tenancies, repairs and maintenance.
- To oversee the asset management of all properties in the AST portfolio
- To monitor the financial processes and introduce revised processes where required
- To review the costs and quality of contractor performance
- To ensure the programming of gas safety checks and meet the target of 100% of properties having a current certificate
- To ensure the accurate and consistent recording and reporting of maintenance tasks
- To review every invoice received for accuracy and value for money
- To ensure that data transferred from the managing agent to the client is arranged in a timely manner, the content is accurate and queries are responded to quickly
- To monitor and control the monthly financial recording and reporting processes
- To check and approve quarterly and apportioned rent demands and receipts
- To monitor and ensure the accurate and consistent recording and reporting of maintenance tasks
- To ensure the review of every invoice received for accuracy and value for money
- To ensure the programming of annual gas safety checks and meet the target of 100% of properties having a current certificate
- To liaise, advise and meet with MOD staff on a regular basis to advise on progress and discuss any major issues
Assistant Head of Rentals
- Direct line management of staff based in Bath
- Indirect management of the third party management company
We are looking to speak to candidates with 5+ years' experience operational management ideally within the PRS space, but will also consider over property asset classes such as student accommodation/ other housing.
The salary is paying between £80,000 - £100,000 for the right candidate, and comes with a generous benefits package as well as a car allowance.
This role is based in Bath and will include occasional travel to their properties nationwide.
If interested please contact Nick Hammond in strictest confidence to discuss further.