Our client is one of the North’s longest standing and most respected property firms, working across residential sales, lettings, surveying, commercial and auctions, with a number of branches across the North of England.
This long established and highly regarded firm enjoys an enviable reputation in the North, putting customer service and client relationships first.
Due to continued growth and expansion they are looking to recruit an experienced Planning Consultant who is RTPI to be based in North Yorkshire .
The successful candidate will be working within an established planning team and in addition working alongside chartered surveyors and property professionals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual, preferably with development management experience, who can work independently as well as part of a team.
Essential to your role is growing the Planning and Development Enterprise. You will work closely with our chartered planners, valuers and surveyors – perfecting skills vital for modern day planning. You will be given a high level of responsibility and independence to look after trusted and valued long term clients. You will need to demonstrate previous experience of being a self-starter and dedication to client care.
Duties will include the following, (which is not exhaustive):
- Discuss planning issues with a wide variety of client types
- Liaise with clients via face-to-face meetings, email, letters and telephone
- Work closely with and take instructions from colleagues from within the planning and renewable energy teams as well as other referred instructions
- Secure verbal and written instructions and prepare detailed terms of engagement
- Review Government Policy and underlying statutory legislation
- Review, monitor and influence Local Plan processes
- Identify potential clients and service existing client base
- Understand the bigger picture i.e. issues extraneous to planning, with a particular economic emphasis
- Explain process to client and maintain effective communications
- Develop strategy to maximise client’s position
- Establish role as project manager and gather appropriate team
- Establish and maintain contact with identified stakeholders, particularly the LPA
- Articulate arguments with clarity, in writing and verbally
- Prepare cases for public presentation with full supporting documents
- Negotiate amendments to proposals within context of client instructions
- Represent client at planning committee
- Advise on LPA decision/conditions and way forward
- Review appeals process and take further action as appropriate
- Render and ensure payment of fee account and internal recording
- Record knowledge and disseminate to team.
- Be a qualified Town Planner or working towards qualification
- Have a desire to take a key role in a consultancy practice in North Yorkshire
- Have a strong interest in the rural environment, rural property and renewable energy technology
- Have excellent knowledge of and a genuine interest in the planning system and be able to apply this on a practical and commercial level
- Have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Be adept at engaging, influencing and communicating with various stakeholders, primarily the LPA
- Be presentable, versatile and robust; inspiring confidence in your abilities
- Salary: Negotiable
- Pension scheme
- Death in service
- Mileage allowance