Senior Surveyor - Portfolio Valuation
- West End
My client is a leading commercial real estate services company, providing a full range of services to real estate occupiers, developers and investors on a local, national and international basis. Services include brokerage sales and leasing (landlord and tenant representation), real estate management, valuation, consulting, project management, project marketing and research. We provide our services across the core sectors (office, industrial, retail and hotel) as well as many specialised property types.
My client is looking for an enthusiastic surveyor to join the Portfolio Valuation team within the London Valuation and Advisory Services department.
Our Valuation Team provides a fast and efficient service that can be tailored to the needs of individual clients. All valuations are market-based and carefully researched, and provide an accurate assessment of current values and informed forecasts.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, numerate and interpersonal, joining a team with a strong emphasis on career progression and organic growth. They will therefore be fully supported in developing their own client relationships and integrating with colleagues, both socially and professionally. They will also have the responsibility of supporting and developing other team members.
We require a highly confident and professional RICS qualified Surveyor to join our Valuation and Advisory Services Department. The main purpose of the role will be to work within a small team reporting directly to the Head of Team.
- To undertake valuations of properties within a wide range of portfolios on a regular basis
- To undertake a variety of Loan Security, Institutional and Corporate Valuations
- To assist and take responsibility for junior team members in the preparation of regularly valued portfolios
- To liaise with fund managers and asset managers on a regular basis
- To prepare ad-hoc advice in limited time frame
- Prepare and take responsibility of reporting procedures
- To undertake secured lending valuations and other one-off valuations when required
- In conjunction with other team members, to develop the Department's existing and prospective client relationships
- Attend presentations to clients when required
- MRICS Qualified
- Highly numerate and proficient in MS Office packages and databases
- A good knowledge of Argus Valuation Capitalisation and Argus Enterprise would be preferable
- Good market knowledge required
- Good attention to detail essential
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic and report writing skills
- Must possess excellent organisation and time management skills
- Must be able to work to deadlines
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team