My client, an international consultancy who has a strong foothold in both the public and private sector are seeking an experienced professional surveyor to work within their Technical Services Partnership in Blackburn. They will be managing a diverse portfolio consisting of predominantly operational properties. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of Property and responsible for leading a team of professional and technical staff. Main tasks of the role will include delivering estate management services including the provision of landlord and tenant advice, property marketing and new letting to maximise income.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maximising the performance of the Client's Core Operational and Non-operational portfolios
- Undertaking negotiations with public and private sector owners and developers.
- Leading and Monitoring land and property disposals
- Overseeing the Clients Corporate Valuation Processes
- Actively managing team performance, setting clear targets and objectives
- Reporting and managing performance through Key Performance Indicators
- Attending meetings with the Client, developers, external funding partners, committees and partnership working groups.
- Writing and presenting reports.
- Overseeing responses to Members and the public through established mechanisms
- Professional qualifications - i.e. Fellow or Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), with a minimum of 3-5 years Post Qualification Experience.
- Significant experience of operating in a Public sector Property Services or related environment.
- Experience of high level negotiations with private sector developers and public sector agencies and completion of contractual arrangements.
- A detailed knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Issues.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary partnership working on high value schemes.
- Relevant experience of undertaking wide ranging valuations & disposals
- An understanding of regeneration issues.
- Private sector background
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role please do not hesitate to contact Hollie Davies in the General Practice desk at Deverell Smith on 0203 056 0270.