To contribute to the development and implementation of the category strategy and deliver hands-on procurement, including, complex, high value negotiations with key suppliers
* Support stakeholders in the development of specifications and evaluation criteria. Coordinate and deliver the procurement process from inception through to the award of contract, ensuring effective negotiation with external suppliers ,agents and contractors
* Responsibility for interpreting, implementing, advising on national and international procurement legislation/guidance (OJEU) to avoid the organisation operating in breach. Advise staff on issues arising from activity and how to mitigate risk.
* Provide a link between procurement and stakeholders to ensure solutions are aligned with stakeholder objectives whilst also ensuring compliance with procurement procedures and OJEU regulations
* To develop and implement innovative approaches to the delivery of complex projects including updating strategies and methodology to minimise the risk in procurement and contract management.
* Responsible for managing procurement processes in line with the procurement procedure rules, legislation, corporate procurement policies, sustainability guidelines, Contract Management and industry good practice.
The Ideal Candidate
The client has requested someone from a public sector background with strong experience tendering OJEU. Experience in the Adult & Social Care category would be preferred. Having worked at Procurement Specialist or above previously, or proven examples of single handed procurement's as a senior procurement Officer.
Immediately start, for a minimum of 3 months. Day rate £300 - £400. Inside IR35
Don't hesitate to get in touch today with your CV.