Our client is seeking an experienced Director level Project Manager, ideally MRICS or C.Eng, is sought to oversee two major construction projects at a large Educational centre in the West Country. The role is to deliver the building of the new School of Management by 2019 and the delivering the new IAAPS the projects on time and on budget, £30m + each.
- Extensive construction experience of overseeing high-value design and build projects throughout the entire life-cycle from inception to delivery
- Experience of working for a client side company or developer and capable of running internal and external parties.
- Construction related degree: Quantity Surveying/ Construction Management/ Engineering
- Demonstrate aptitude at the pre-construction phase: feasibility reports, financial modelling, overseeing the design process, navigating planning, tendering of package's
- Strong history of project delivery
- Experience of managing consultancy teams and contractors
- Strong technical knowledge of modern construction techniques and methodologies;
- Full understanding of the entire construction process, cost and programme management
- Proficient in reading drawings and specifications
- Able to think creatively in order to ensure effective delivery
- An understanding of M&E
- In depth knowledge of compliance with all relevant legislation, policies, and procedures particularly within the construction phase
- Ensure that these very high profile projects are delivered on time, to budget and to quality
- Create and promote a culture that guarantees the required quality of the build process is achieved
- Successfully manage internal and external teams including construction consultants, external architects and contractors through attending client meetings, project meetings both internal and on site and dealing with associated tasks and issues
- Project managing multiple aspects of construction delivery
- Strive for the highest standards in setting mile stones, project monitoring, risk management, issues log and reporting
If you believe that you have the required experience and qualifications to fulfil this role and live in the West Country or would like to relocate then please contact me for more information.
Salary: Up to £100,00 per annum plus great benefits.