Client-Side Project Manager
We are working on behalf of an exciting residential developer based in East London, who are currently developing an equal mixture of PRS and London affordable rentals.
They have a range of great residentially lead projects across the borough of which they operate, ranging from small single dwelling developments of around 6 units, up to c. 200-unit apartment blocks. These will be mainly be new builds with a couple of remodelled schemes within listed/existing buildings, typically of a Design and Build contract.
With 7 live projects in the process of being built and plenty more in the pipeline given their strong land bank, this is a fantastic opportunity if you're a project manager looking to broaden your delivery experience within a rapidly growing organisation. Unlike some of other developers, you'll be guaranteed to actually be building and gain experience of completions rather than getting stuck at planning.
- You will be ultimately responsible for the running your own projects, reporting to the construction director and supported by wider team.
- Involvement in the setting of budgets and procurement process;
- Day-to-day management of the projects, and management and coordination of the main contractor and sub-contractors through the full project life-cycle;
- Ensure assigned projects are completed within budgets and schedules while meeting business objectives;
- Interaction with internal and external stakeholders
- Weekly progress reporting;
- Assist in the appointment of external consultants, such as quantity surveyors, architects, engineers and so on.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Experience of working for a Project Management consultancy or for a developer, ideally with previous residential experience.
- Ability to lead/work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Experience in full project life-cycle is desirable;
- 3 years' experience minimum
- Good experience and knowledge of engaging and coordinating the work of advisers and experts to solve a project challenge.
- You will preferably have a construction or surveying related degree.
As well as your salary, you will also get up a 15% bonus, 30 days holiday and the added benefit of working a day from home once a week. Typically 9am-5pm working hours.