This creative, socially-responsible, and ethical developer, based in Brixton and undertaking ground-breaking, community-shaping projects throughout South/East London are seeking a Delivery Project Manager to join their energetic, innovative and passionate team.
Having made it their mission statement to rediscover the contemporary notion of 'community', our client specialises in the design and delivery of creative hubs: much more than just communal workspaces, the end product is intended to stimulate social, cultural and entrepreneurial exchanges, enacting genuine positive social change through affordable spaces in which creativity can be allowed to flourish.
With a demonstrable track-record of having already transformed the fortunes of sites around the city, they have earmarked several further sites for development and seek a Delivery Project Manager to assist in the end-to-end delivery of their future projects. From inception to completion, the successful applicant will be reporting directly to the Development Delivery Director, assisting in the delivery of current and future projects.
The successful applicant is likely to possess:
- A degree level education in a built-environment/technical discipline: Construction Project Management/Architecture/Engineering/Building Surveying.
- A minimum of two years Project Management experience, ideally in a Consultancy/Private Development setting.
- A strong contract management skillset.
- Exposure to innovative, design-led commercial/retail projects: ideally a mixture of new-build and fit-out would be the ideal.
- Exposure to contract values up to/in excess of £5million.
- A holistic Project Management skillset, spanning everything from inception to completion.
- A vivid imagination and social-conscience - would lend itself well to this role.
- Excellent communication skills and the experience to work autonomously.
Critical skills sought by our client include:
- A working knowledge of how to develop and manage project programmes.
- Familiarity with the tender process: appoint and manager both contractors and external consultants.
- Experience of acting as point of interface between design and delivery teams.
- Ability to oversee project progress against vectors of time, cost and quality.
- Report to both client and senior management on the above milestones.
- A good head for identifying and mitigating risk.
In return, the successful applicant will benefit from:
- A competitive salary and range of exciting perks, including holiday buy back.
- The opportunity to work with Director level personnel with deep sector knowledge acquired in both a consultancy and development setting.
- The opportunity to work on some of the most creative and innovative projects in the sector.
- Something a little different: though serious about what they do, this is not a stiff, corporate environment.
- The opportunity to work with autonomy and develop as an independent project professional.
- Access to relevant professional qualifications.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
For further information, please call Philip on 020 3056 6299.