Our client, one of the world's largest and most heavily financially backed real estate developers, is currently seeking an MRICS or qualified Project Manager with a residential bias and extensive experience of delivering high-value, RC/Steel frame high-rise towers, exceeding 40 storeys in height. The ideal candidate will be 5 years PQE, preferably from a consultancy background, with demonstrable experience of overseeing high-value, UK-based construction projects (in excess of £10million) throughout the entire project life-cycle, including all stages of pre-construction, delivery and disposal. Having already built some of the world's most iconic structures, this role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work directly with the Project Director of this Chinese-government backed giant, on some of the most ambitious tower projects currently undertaken in the UK
This role offers the successful candidate an exceptional opportunity to:
- Head-up some of the world's most ambitious and distinctive luxury residential projects.
- Take charge of professional/contractor appointments, project scheduling and all elements of H&S, to ensure that pre-construction reports translate to delivering on time and on budget.
- Further establish the company's already burgeoning global profile: business development is key to the role.
- Engage with upper management and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Exercise independence of thought and innovation, both of which are encouraged.
- Work alongside the Design team, offering practical advice to ensure budgetary and best-practice compliance.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a background in any of the following: Quantity/Building Surveying, Architecture or Engineering.
- Be comfortable with their feet under a desk, on-site and in a client facing capacity.
- Have attained a minimum 2:1 at undergrad level in a property/construction related degree.
- Possess strong contractual awareness: familiarity with UK construction requirements would be considered a coup.
- Have experience of having worked on both capex and opex projects.
- Have a minimum of 5 years PM experience in high-end, high-density, high-rise and high-value residential projects.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, as well as diplomacy and business acumen.
- Be looking to work autonomously within a strong support network.
- Have strong communication skills and be comfortable with presenting information to an audience.
This role offers a salary of between £50,000 - £75,000 with an annual bonus and other excellent benefits.
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Philip at Deverell-Smith's Technical Division.