The client, a London local authority is looking to appoint an Interim Project Manager to provide effective delivery and project management of their New Build projects. Essentially the role will support the successful development and delivery of programmes to the agreed time, cost and quality with a focus on the small to medium value projects across the borough. You MUST have previous local authority new build housing project management experience, preferably with a PRINCE2 qualification.
Summary of main duties and responsibilities
- To be responsible for small to medium value LA New Build projects ensuring the objectives are met across development and delivery phases.
- To manage the provision of the appropriate range of property-related professional services and to procure the design and construction elements of construction related services for corporate capital projects.
- Work closely with colleagues in other Directorates and with other Stakeholders to ensure they are fully informed throughout the development and delivery process, to enhance customer experience.
- Manage the liaison with the Programme Office to maintain accurate high quality reporting of projects and programmes of work.
- Ensure risk management and mitigation is delivered across all projects and programmes of work, making sure the consultants have an adequate mitigation plan.
- Be responsible for effective liaison with leisure services clients and service providers and other corporate stakeholders through the development and delivery phases of the capital projects, including temporary accommodation, decanting during works, and handover on completion.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) for the development and delivery of projects, to help drive a continuous improvement culture.
- Manage the Post Occupancy Evaluations and Post Completion Reviews process on all relevant projects and feedback the findings in support of a continuous improvement culture, and to enhance customer experience.
- To ensure that appropriate project management processes are in place in line with PRINCE2 principals.
- To ensure that projects have plans with critical paths ensuring that cross project dependencies are identified and addressed.
- To ensure that all projects within programmes have appropriate business cases, defined scopes and budgets.
- To ensure that all projects within programmes have risk registers that are realistic and kept to date.
- Provide effective leadership to project managers and contractors, ensuring individual projects and programmes meet quality standards and corrective action is taken to ensure that projects and programmes are delivered on time, to the agreed quality and within budget.
- Provide highlight reports to Chief Officers and Members and ensure that information provided by professional external advisers is consistent with industry standards and can be analysed to ensure delivery of best value.
- To attend consultation meetings (for example governing body, parent meetings, community groups) when required.
- To ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with the Equalities Act and ensuring that all projects embrace current best practice.
- Produce and present reports to Council Committees and attend meetings as necessary at all levels including Member interface and with external organisations.
- Ensure at all times that work undertaken actively promotes the Councils Equal Opportunities, Customer Care and Environment policies in relation to service delivery and personnel practice as defined in the Staff Handbook.
- In carrying out the duties of the post have due regard to the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Legislation and Council Policies and Procedures.
- Any other duties as may be required to fulfil wider DRES or Council Priorities.
If this role sounds of interest then please get in touch or send your CV with a note to the following: