Our client, the PRS development wing of a Private Equity Real Estate Developer based in Central London, seeks a bright, academic and delivery-focused Project Manager to take their product - high-quality, innovative PRS - from post-planning handover through to practical completion.
With a number of sites situated within London's commuter-belt, as well as farther afield (Yorkshire & Scotland), about to go live, this fantastic client-side opportunity represents the chance to autonomously oversee the delivery of large-scale, complex, residentially-led (incorporating some commercial space) mixed-use schemes, ranging in scale from 90 - 450 units. All of this within a reputable outfit, whose star is rising and offers exceptional prospects for career development.
While this is a strongly delivery-focused role, an appreciation of the front-end (pre-construction phases) would give any candidate an edge, as the successful candidate will be working in tandem with the development team. A basic understanding of the financial mechanisms which underpin the development process is particularly desirable.
Skills and Qualifications sought
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the residential sector.
- A degree in one of the following technical disciplines: Construction, Architecture or Engineering.
- Proven track record of timely, cost-effective project delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of overseeing multiple projects simultaneously, without compromising on quality.
- Highly practical and organised mind.
- Conversant with the usual Project software.
- Strong written, verbal communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong stakeholder skillset and leadership qualities.
- Managing project delivery interests, from pre-con consultation on buildability with development team, through to post-completion processes and defect rectification.
- Managing project budgets and fund monitoring, to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery.
- Managing project legals: warranties, main contracts, disputes and litigation.
- Overseeing project procurement, including appointment of main contractors, finishing works and packages.
- Conception of project programme and budgets.
- Ensuring that client's interests are being effectively managed and conveyed to external consultant and contractors. Strong communication must be maintained.
- Technical due diligence on behalf of the Acquisitions team.
- Preparation and presentation of project progress reports to stakeholders.
- Supporting the Operations and Asset management teams.
- Ultimate responsibility for issues of H&S and Quality Control.
- Reporting to the Head of Project Management/Development Director on project progress and performance.
Salary range: £65,000 - £85,000 dependent on experience, discretionary annual bonus & LTIP participation.