A veritable establishment in the world of property consultancy, our client, a Project & Building Consultancy with over 10 offices nationwide, are currently seeking established Project Managers to join their West End team. Based in Mayfair, and comprised of 22 heads, their West End team services a range of blue-chip clientele throughout Central London, across a range of sectors. Though commercially-led, this is a multidisciplinary set-up, providing consultancy services to developers/institutions building commercial/hospitality/mixed-use/residential assets.
Our client has a phenomenal personnel retention rate, having seen out the last two recessions without making a single redundancy and the composition of their current board centres reflects this, with the bulk of the incumbents having spent more than 20 years with the company. They're a reputable name in property, who love to reward loyalty.
A large part of their current project pipeline is commercial office work - meaning any candidates with experience in this field will be particularly in demand - but they've also recently taken on a number of clients within the hospitality sector and also undertake some residential/mixed-use work on behalf of reputable developers.
Contract values range from £600,000 - £30million, although they are typically sustained by work ranging in value from £2million - £5million. Having traditionally been very much a 'delivery-led' outfit, predominantly limited to fit-out work, and only really once the project goes to site, they are now getting involved much earlier in the project life-cycle, alongside the Development Surveyors. Debt-free and having enjoyed sustained growth over recent years, this is a great time to be joining a winning team who offer security, Continuous Professional Development and a high performance environment in which the enterprising will thrive.
The ideal candidate will come from a Building Surveying background, possess a deep understanding of managing the design and cost processes, enhanced by a firm grasp of the following:
- General contract administration: inviting and processing tenders, preparation of contract documents, administering change control, etc.
- Overseeing contractors and reporting to client on progress
- Interface between the design and delivery teams
- Formulating the project schedule
- Oversight of projects from inception to completion
A predominantly office-based remit, the above duties will be conducted in accordance with best practice, while also ensuring timely delivery within budgetary constraints.
The successful candidate will benefit from the following:
- Highly competitive base salary, subject to annual review
- A generous annual bonus, contingent on both company and personal performance
- Great opportunity for career progression internally
- Access to any justifiable professional training sought
- The chance to join a supportive and highly-regarded team
- Exposure to challenging, varied and stimulating projects
- A relaxed yet professional, fun and supportive working environment in a fast-growing and energetic company
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Construction/Property-related degree: minimum expectation of 2:1 or above
- Hold an MRICS accreditation (or seek to undertake the APC as a matter of urgency) and possess 3 years PQE
- Have a good understanding of the full project life-cycle with a specialism in commercial fit-out
- Be experienced at managing contractors, overseeing the design process and have a polished client-facing demeanour
- Come from a Building Surveying or pure Project Management background
Salary: Experience dependent, £45,000 - £65,000 + package. On top of a competitive salary they offer great bonuses, which they deliver on; this is a fantastic environment for the entrepreneurially minded.
For additional information, call Philip on 020 3056 6299.