Project Manager - Urban Designer/Public Realm
My client are at the forefront of Urban Regeneration in the U.K having transformed a number of key locations that were previously run down into thriving, mixed-use spaces that are desirable both to live and visit.
Having been secured as the development partner on two major regeneration projects in London, they require an Urban Designer in the public realm to join the company and work on the very early stages of the projects to help achieve the company's ambition of creating, easily accessible and aesthetically pleasing spaces for people to live and work in.
The main purposes of the role will be to;
- Liaise with external design consultants and formulate innovative and creative solutions to the Public Realm of the Development site
- Using existing contacts and researching new contacts in order to source bespoke materials
- Keeping up to date with local economic trends in order to input into design team meetings
- Working as part of the wider project team and inputting on landscape issues that arise through the planning and project stages
- Working with the transport, utilities below ground members of the team and inputting on design strategies for all aspects
The ideal individual will have;
- A Landscape Architecture/Urban Planning Degree or Masters
- Experience working on urban development projects
- Experience working on the very early design stages
- An appreciation or experience in drainage, transport and or utilities would be advantageous
- An appreciation and passion for urban development
This is a great opportunity for somebody who either works for a consultancy or within a council who wants to work for an innovative developer, if you are interested, please call Thomas Aslett on 0203 056 0287 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org