Property Administrator - Build to Rent Team
Accountable to: Head of Operations, Build to rent
Our client is an independent firm of property specialists operating in Scotland and the North of England. The company provides services in residential and new home sales, letting and property management, land, development and residential investment, consultancy and research.
They have established a strong presence in the mid-market/intermediate rent (MMR) sector, dealing with the letting and (unit) management of homes funded through Scottish Government's National Housing Trust (NHT) initiative. There is continued growth of this aspect of our business, and with ambitions to expand the services offered to this sector, as well as to the growing build to rent (BTR) sector, it is hoped that this role will enhance this small but expanding BTR team.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity for a vibrant individual to join an ambitious team. Working within the Build to Rent Team which is part of the Lettings Department based in Edinburgh, the Property Administrator will handle all administration in relation to the letting of properties, including liaising with tenants and Corporate Landlords. The Property Administrator will be highly organised and have excellent IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Responding to daily calls and emails
- Sending lease documents to tenants, monitoring they are returned and signed correctly
- Drawing up lease documents and serving Notice to Quit documents to terminate lease agreements
- Filing and changing of files for the Build to Rent team including the dead filing system and retrieval of dead files on request.
- Dealing with utility and Council Tax bills for void periods, checking readings, dates etc.
- Arranging access to properties for safety and maintenance works
- Monitoring and chasing of Public Liability Insurance for all contractors, linking certificates and updating details
- Remarketing of properties ensuring all details are correct and up-to-date including photographs
- Dealing with reference requests for tenants
- General administration duties, including editing/adding emails/letters or information to the database and scanning/photocopying
- Lodging deposits within the approved tenancy deposit scheme
- Diary management for the Portfolio Managers
- Database management; Coordination of mail shots
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Letting and property management experience is preferred. New homes experience considered
- Excellent internal customer service
- An organised approach to administration
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Have excellent IT skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office and good keyboard skills
- Ability to multi-task, methodically and calmly, in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of REAPIT and QUBE would be beneficial, although not essential
If interested, please contact our Build to Rent specialist, Nick Hammond to discuss further.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0207 291 0917
Deverell Smith is a leading executive search firm in the Build to Rent sector. Our team advises clients on hires for some of the most exciting and innovative rental schemes throughout the UK & Ireland. We work with a wide range of operators, developers and investment funds.
We also have a large US presence, recruiting roles across the US Multifamily market. If you are currently working in the Build to Rent sector, or interested in learning more please get in touch with our team.