To manage Health and Safety compliance of a market leading build to rent scheme. Working with the Resident Services Manager to support and guide the on-site team, along with external contractors to deliver outstanding levels of customer service, you will be located on site at the development.
- To ensure our customers and their properties are cared for and maintained to the highest possible standards, in line with budgets, service level agreements and regulatory requirements.
- To plan, execute and support delivery of all aspects of the Property Management Schedule (PMS), ensuring that key time scales are fully met.
- To oversee delivery of planned and cyclical maintenance, determining the best contractors and suppliers to partner with for specific works.
- To work proactively to identify quality and cost effective new contractors and third parties to ensure future works and customer needs are properly catered for.
- To maintain oversight of all works and services, ensuring standards are met.
- To ensure sites are properly resourced and serviced at all times, with any absences catered for in a cost effective manner.
- To fully support the onsite Cleaning and Maintenance Assistant, ensuring they are properly briefed to manage works. Equally, to maintain an awareness of reactive issues so workload is manageable and prioritised.
- To provide guidance and assistance to residents in a willing and friendly manner to ensure that the highest levels of customer care and service are maintained at all times. To deal effectively with complaints and remain courteous at all times.
- To pro-actively deal with any maintenance and cleaning problems identified within the development and regularly carry out site inspections.
- To ensure resident/contractor/landlord compliance with statutory and contractual obligations.
- To manage key processes such as utility renewals, insurance claims and renewals, H&S reports and accompanying actions.
- To ensure all sites meet standards and comply with key regulations, including RICs, ARMA-Q and H&S.
- To ensure works and all services are delivered against budget, managing purchase orders, invoices, contracts and any associated financial administration
Health and Safety:
- To ensure there is a fitting approach to risk assessments and method statements.
- To keep all legal documentation in presentable fashion and available at all times.
- To outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards, recommending and implementing necessary changes to working practices as required.
- To oversee and review Health and Safety audits and appropriate follow-through, to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and a safe environment is provided for residents and staff and keep Track record up to date.
- To oversee the delivery of all annual testing and training for our people to ensure total compliance, maintaining robust records.
- To promote peak performance through proper objective setting, one to one's, personal development, team meetings and performance reviews.
- To manage and support the team with any issues or changes they may experience, such as sickness absence, maternity or poor performance for example, operating in line with regulations and policy.
- To ensure all policies and processes are adhered to and regulations respected, with accurate and timely work delivered by you and members of your team.
- To promote effective two-way communication and true engagement.
- To identify and meet individual learning needs, acting as coach and mentor as required.
- To oversee contractors and manage disputes on works, customer complaints and resolve any service issues with third parties, in line with escalation procedures.
- To manage the site cleaning related resources including equipment, materials and consumables to achieve quality standards and maximum profitability
- To provide and present performance and relevant Business reports as required by the Head of Build to Rent and Asset Manager including performance and financial reports and forecasts.
- To provide, as required, out of hours support for cleaning operations.
- To manage and coordinate contractors when needed and assist the Cleaning and Maintenance Assistant with onsite works when required.
- To co-ordinate, instruct and allow access for services to the development, such as refuse collection, deliveries, repairs and maintenance and utility companies.
- To ensure the site is properly resourced and serviced at all times, with any absences catered for in a cost effective manner.
- Good basic standard of education
- IRPM foundation level (or willingness to work towards).
- Health and Safety qualification.
Deverell Smith is a leading executive search firm in the Build to Rent sector. Our team works with a wide range of BTR companies, recruiting roles across Investment, Development and Operational Management. We also have a large US presence, recruiting roles into the US Multifamily market with a number of high profile clients. If you are currently working in the Build to Rent sector, or interested in learning more please get in touch with our Build to Rent team.