PROPERTY MANAGER - Chelmsford - £25,000pa
An exciting opportunity has become available as a Property Manager to work for an innovative and respected Estate Agent.
Our client value their people and believe your personal development is equally as important as growing their business.
The ideal candidate will have a min of 2 years experience as a Property Manager in Residential Lettings and MUST be a car owner.
Responsible to: Branch Manager
1. Personal performance, conduct and presentation.
2. Property management issues relating to all managed
3. Compliance with statutory property legislation.
- Manage the property portfolio in order to maximize office income including the retention of properties and clients.
- Manage all property maintenance issues.
- Liaise with Landlords and negotiate with contractors for works to be carried out on properties.
- Arrange inventories, gas safety certificates, EPC’s and all other legal documentation to ensure that all managed properties comply with current legislation.
- Ensure that all managed properties comply with current legislation with regards to: gas safety, fire and furnishings, electrical safety, HMO’s, non-resident landlords.
- Liaise with independent inventory company and front office staff to ensure a smooth check in/out process.
- Arrange and carry out property inspections including reporting findings to the Landlord and arranging remedial works and/or follow up visits if required.
- Manage all tenancy renewals and secure renewal fees from Landlords and Tenants.
- Deal with complaints from Landlords and Tenants.
- Handle deposit dispute negotiations.
- Chase overdue rental payments.
- Handle all landlords correspondence post let.
- Ensure all data is entered into the Property Management system to guarantee continuity of filing systems.
- Complete property management notes to track progress of maintenance issues.
- Notify utility companies of all new tenants and change of occupants including the forwarding of all meter readings.
- Deal with general maintenance issues promptly with relation to the existing managed portfolio.
- Monitor contractors’ performance and approve invoices received for onward payment by the accounts department.
- Arrange repairs in order of priority and in accordance with the company terms of business and ensure strong and prompt communication with landlords is maintained.
- Monitor the progress of all maintenance issues, up to the point of payment of the suppliers invoice to ensure all works have been satisfactorily completed.
- Manage the property diary system to ensure that all reminders, gas safety inspections, management visits and tenancy renewals are completed on time.
- Handle any overflow business with regards to call handling, viewings, booking appointments etc.
- Informing your Line Manager of any ideas which may improve performance and efficiency.
- From time to time perform duties outside of this job description reasonably requested of you.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Maintain the level of service and quality standards set out by the company.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, courtesy and efficiency in dealing with the public.
- Manage the property portfolio in order to maximize and retain clients.
- Deal with all renewal of tenancies and accompanying negotiations.
- Secure renewal fees from both landlords and tenants.
- Provide careful and considerate advice as and when necessary.
- To operate with the confines of the Housing Acts and Lettings legislation.
- To operate to the standards set by our regulatory bodies.
The candidate must have strong communication skills, both written and oral will be essential.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8.45am - 6pm, 1 Saturday over 3 months
Please call our friendly, highly experienced RAYNER PERSONNEL EAST team today for a confidential chat about the PROPERTY MANAGER role and full candidate requirements:-
IAN HOSKINS Director 07538 315866
STEVE TALBOT – Associate Recruiter 07989 949892
MANDY ANDERSON – Associate Recruiter 07940 168941
EDMUND KHOURY – Associate Recruiter 07852 213221