A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a leading estate agency based in Oxford, who are currently looking for a Property Manager.
You will be managing an allocated portfolio of properties to a high standard, working closely with the Department Supervisor and Lettings Accounts Manager. You will also be the point of contact for landlords and tenants.
To be considered for this exciting career opportunity, you will ideally have excellent communication skills and be a team player.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Process job orders to ensure the effective maintenance of properties
- Work with Lettings Branch Managers to ensure that new properties are correctly set-up after initial “take on” and that all properties are prepared to company's required standards for each tenancy
- Maintain and grow contractor database
- Ensure contractors meet the company's required standards, that charges/rates are competitive and that timescales are adhered to
- Carry out regular routine property visits to agreed schedules and company's required standards and report issues promptly and positively to all relevant parties
- Carry out efficient “meet and greet” and pre-tenancy checkouts
- Preempt and manage potential maintenance problems, potential refurbishment opportunities
- Maintain the effective administration of the TDS scheme
- Ensure the smooth termination and preparation for re-let of managed properties
- Negotiate deposit returns promptly at the end of each tenancy
- Administer safety testing and certification and other compliance issues to industry and companys' required standards
- Support all members of the PM Team at times of short staffing.
- Dealing with telephone/walk in enquiries from applicants concerning rentals
- Arrange viewing appointments
- Registering applicants on our database
- Carrying out viewings with potential tenants as necessary
- Dealing with telephone/walk in enquiries from potential landlords, and arrange market appraisal appointments
- Actively participate in office meetings.
- Planning, time management and prioritising skills
- Administrative skills
- IT skills
- Negotiating skills
- Customer service skills.
This is a Monday to Friday role where the basic salary on offer will be £30,000.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: email@example.com.