A fantastic role has become available at a highly regarded independent estate agency with a network of offices throughout South West London. They are committed to providing a professional and bespoke approach to the range of services that the company provides.
The company are currently looking for an experienced Property Manager to manage a portfolio of properties and be a part of the team in their busy office based in Richmond, Surrey.
The job role will involve:
- Managing a portfolio of properties
- Managing all aspects of tenant enquiries and liaising with Landlords
- Making sure tenants and Landlords are kept informed of progress on a regular basis
- Booking approved contractors and sending works orders to carry out necessary repairs and redecorations
- Processing insurance claims for Landlords
- Processing contractor invoices
- Ensuring the properties are up to date with detailed notes, and deadlines met in terms of property visits and property reports delivered to Landlords
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is provided and upheld
- Respond to all telephone and email enquires promptly
- Responsible for changeover utility letters between tenancies for managed properties
- Deal with and resolve where possible, initial client complaints, notifying your line Manager of any escalating complaints in a timely fashion so these can be addressed immediately
- Ensure a current gas safety record is maintained at all times
- Arrange electrical safety checks (PIR) in accordance with company policy
- Receive and action maintenance issues and instruct approved contractors accordingly, controlling costs and quality of work
- Check, authorise and post invoices to the in-house database
- Secure additional funds from landlords for maintenance issues which exceed our agreed limit
- Arrange appropriate quotations in line with Terms & Conditions, ensuring landlords’ approval is received
- Act as liaison between landlords, tenants, contractors
- Respond to telephone and mail enquiries in line with department procedures
- Arrange and carry out property visits in accordance with the time scales in the company Terms & Conditions
- Negotiate damages claims between landlord and tenants following check out.
- Previous experience as a Property Manager
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Exposure to a fast paced Property Management environment
- IT literate
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Able to take the initiative
- Excellent customer service skills
- Confident when speaking to clients
- Excellent telephone manner
- Problem solving skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Able to work effectively and efficiently – in a team and independently
- Full UK driving licence.
The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team. The salary on offer will be in the region of £26,000 depending on the level of experience.
For further information on this exciting career opportunity, please apply on line now via this webpage and we will get back to you immediately. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us in confidence on 01784 451464, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.