Property Manager - Croatia
We are so excited to present this incredibly unique opportunity to the market for an experienced property manager or couple with a taste for adventure.
If you are bored of London and its unpredictable weather, and are looking for a big change in your life, this role could be what you're looking for.
My client is seeking a professional individual or couple to relocate to a beautiful, historic Croatian island, lined with golden beaches and seeping in rich heritage. They will be responsible for managing a 15th century monastery and all the events which will be taking place there throughout the summer months of April to October. The events include high profile international business conferences and exhibitions of renaissance art.
The property will require a property manager on-site (living on the island) from April to October to organise and coordinate the events. During the winter period (November to March) the property manager could conceivably reside elsewhere as long as he or she is able to visit the property for ongoing maintenance & monitoring purposes at least 2 to 3 times a month.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
The property is a newly refurbished 15th century monastery situated on an island off the coast of Croatia. The monastery is a heritage site, and the area is famous for its stunning scenery, and beautiful architectural structures.
The individual will be tasked with managing the property and the coordination of all events and exhibitions that take place in the monastery. In addition to this the individual will have the responsibility of pro-actively seeking ways in which to exploit the commercial potential of the property by way of liaising with local tour operators etc. to raise the property profile as a unique destination. For example day tickets can be purchased for access to public areas, and the individual will also host unique events and seminars.
PRINCIPAL TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing all logistics within the property
- Liaise with all contractors, including landscapers, conservationists and tradesmen
- Coordinate events held on the property in conjunction with external event organisers
- Liaise with external parties including exhibition and event organisers
- Managing a booking system and reporting to the owner on a regular basis
- Host guests staying on the property
- Attend to the general upkeep and maintenance of the property
- Assist in all related matters in coordination with the art collection managers and curators.
- Keep records of costs and prepare relevant reports
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent in English (and ideally Croatian)
- Highly experienced in property management and development
- Has to have a keen interest in the preservation and maintenance of historic buildings which are protected under cultural heritage regulations.
- Has to have experience in managing small teams of people such as existing property staff members, as well as ad-hoc recruited workers to assist with increased property activity and events.
- Highly experienced in organising/coordinating events held and hosted at the Monastery
- Experience in dealing with HNWI
- Experience in dealing with local authorities and local communities.
- Ability to prepare monthly cash flow budgets and reports
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Basic knowledge of technical systems in buildings or interest to be educated about it
- Excellent experience in book keeping
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS
- Loyal & Discreet
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Highly accountable and honest
- Excellent communications skills; both written and spoken
- Ability to be flexible and adapt easily to change
- Ability to use initiative
- Commercially focused
- Excellent eye for detail
- Being able to work independently as well as in a team, and able to take instruction from senior management.
If you would like to find out more about this unique and "once in a life time" opportunity please apply, and Jacob Gough will be in contact to discuss further detail.