An established firm require a Block Manager to manage a high end Residential portfolio around Reading.
This is a small company however they are growing dramatically and so you will be involved with the growth of the team as well as managing a portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years Block management experience and be super driven and passionate about the industry.
Your duties will include but not be limited to;
- Prepare all service charge budgets.
- Deal with all leaseholder enquiries appertaining to the buildings under management.
- Handle all leaseholder correspondence.
- Attend Board, AGM/EGM and residents meetings, including evening meetings.
- Undertake regular site inspections/meetings/surveys in accordance with the contractual obligations and additional visits as required.
- Ensure that buildings are maintained instructing approved contractors to carry out repairs and replacements.
- Ensure that all properties in the portfolio are insured including dealing with claims, renewals and enquiries regarding the policy.
- Prepare and agree scope of works for repairs to the portfolio and instruct surveyors/contractors as required, follow through all instructions issued and ensure completed in time, cost and quality parameters.
- Developing changes to estate management policy and procedures.
- Provide all other necessary professional services for the portfolio in the interests of good estate management.
- Assist accounting department to ensure that service charge accounts are prepared well within statutory obligations.
- Assist with the training and management.
Skills and experience;
- A minimum of 2+ years in Block Management.
- IRPM qualified.
- Strong and up to date knowledge of the section 20 process.
- Experience in building long lasting relationships.
- A background in working with finical budgets.
The salary for this role is up to £40,000 dependant on experience.
If you would like to find out more about this role please do contact myself on 02072910916 or Emily.Fox@Deverellsmith.com