Due to our continued expansion our client wish to appoint an additional Property Manager to assist in the management of their property portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with knowledge and experience of the property management sector.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Property Manager will manage a portfolio of properties, providing a proactive maintenance and responsive service for repairs and projects. The duties will be varied, but will generally focus on using best business practice to improve efficiency, and reducing operating costs.
The position would suit someone with excellent commercial acumen, negotiating and problem solving skills, with experience in Lettings, Residential Property Management, Facilities or Estates Management. Your experience should include relevant Health and Safety legislation and knowledge of Landlord & Tenant Acts.
The successful candidate will be given opportunities to learn more about the business and to cover other disciplines as the company continues to grow.
Key aspects of the role
- General day to day management of a property portfolio to ensure maximum income potential is achieved
- Liaison with clients, agents, contractors, solicitors, lessees, tenants and other staff
- Supervision and monitoring of contractors
- Interpretation of leases and tenancy documents
- Management of property insurances, asbestos register, gas safe inspections, portable appliance testing and lift maintenance inspections
- Providing reports and budget costing, as required
- Ensuring all documentation and files are managed and kept up to date
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for a set property portfolio, ensuring they are managed and comply with all statutory and health and safety requirements. Appointing and liaising with selling / letting agents, contractors, consultants and suppliers as required. Checking tenancy agreements and ensuring up to date contracts and insurance certificates are in place. Dealing with any insurance claims, arranging and managing any work to be carried out, including liaison with Loss Adjustors.
Management of general maintenance and refurbishment for the portfolio of properties, to include identification of problems and faults. Dealing with any tenancy and tenant changeover issues, checking of leases and tenancy agreements to ensure costs are charged to tenants. Ensuring all Health and Safety requirements are complied with including risk assessments, fire safety compliance and fire risk management.
Setting up and maintaining general maintenance files, appliance manuals, and fire safety system files. Maintaining office records including building access system, service contract orders, purchase orders and property files.
Skills and Experience
- Well-developed business and commercial acumen with exceptional negotiating skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken) with the ability and experience of engaging effectively with other staff, tenants and external contractors, maintaining a professional approach at all times, regardless of circumstance
- Effective organisational and time management skills, including a demonstrable track record of successfully multi-tasking and prioritising own workload
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy, with analytical and problem-solving skills to provide good customer service
- Research skills with the ability to draw information from various sources, including people, and the ability to handle long and complex documents
- Highly self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, delivering targets on time.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office products, databases and spreadsheets and able to quickly learn new IT packages
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Reliable and dependable with a positive attitude; and a willingness to assist others essential
- A background in residential lettings or facilities management is essential
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety law and its implementation would be an advantage
- A full driving licence is required for travel between sites.
Work is office based, 8.30 am - 5.30 pm, although extra hours are sometimes required for emergencies or to meet deadlines.
The Property Manager will act as out of hours key holder for certain properties and provide out of hours on call service as required.