Regional Property Manager
I am working with my client on a very exciting opportunity to manage a team of four Property Manager overseeing a Prime Central London Portfolio of around 300 properties. This is a really exciting role as there is strong scope of development within the company to take on further teams and management responsibility. My client is a very reputable employer operating in the UK as well as globally.
Supported by the Head the Department, you will be responsible for overseeing the Prime portfolio, managing a small number of properties directly as well as looking after the prime team of property managers, currently four strong. Ensuring they undertake all aspects of property management including reactive, preventative management, health and safety and compliance as well as handling all complaints, and escalating to the Head of the Department where appropriate.
To oversee a team carrying out the functions below and ensure effective management and compliance to these processes. Additional individual responsibility for own property portfolio.
- Pre-tenancy works
- Routine and emergency maintenance
- To spend time in the lettings office where properties are managed
- Management of Health and Safety where applicable
- Arrange property visits twice a year on each property and follow up on any works or requirements that are raised
- Booking property inspections with third party contractor
- Co-ordinate and oversee refurbishment projects and raise fees as appropriate
- Overseeing the scheduling check out appointments when due and managing disbursement of deposits and dilapidations claims
- Timely payment all contractor invoices
- Adherence to set KPI's around performance
- Ensure new starters receive full and comprehensive training on all systems from commencement - Aspasia and work-flow in general.
- Provide on-going support and management to a team of 4 Property Managers ensuring they are constantly reviewed and monitored.
- Conduct monthly 121's, weekly catch-ups, annual appraisals and ensure constant adherence to KPI's
- Deal with any complaints and elevate to Head of Property Management where necessary
- Elevate any concerns to Head of Property Management
- Support Head of Property Management
- Word and excel
Professional experience and personal skills profiles:
Career Experience Required
- Previous experience managing a team
- Strong experience in Prime London Property Management
- Basic knowledge of heating and hot water system, plumbing and electrical
- Experience of client management
- Ability to carry out staff 1-2-1's and appraisals
- ARLA qualified (desirable)
Particular Aptitudes/Skills Required
- The ideal candidate will be able to work well within a team and on their own.
- The ability to successfully lead a small team and deal with personal and company matters
- The ability to communicate with landlords, tenants and staff in a confident manner.
- The ability to stay calm during a crisis.
- To keep up-to-date with legislation changes
If you would like to find out more about this exciting London Based Prime Property Manager team leader opportunity please apply and Jacob Gough will be in touch to discuss the position in more detail.