Deverell Smith is very happy to partner with a very interesting Contractor, who work with a number of well-known clients in the hospitality, retail and commercial sectors. Due to a massive increase in work load and their own personal developments, they now require a client facing, confident and technically strong Quantity Surveyor to join them in their Head Office, Loughton, Essex.
They provide Design & Build, Refurbishment and Fit Out projects for their clients and ensure that they are satisfied from the first meeting, through to the completed project. They cover, Strip Out/ Demolition, Renovation, New Build, Design, Electrical Instillation's, Project Management, Cost Consultancy, Planned Maintenance, Landscaping and more.
Their client list includes, but is not limited to, Premier Inn, JLL, Harrods, UCL, Private Residential developers, Country Clubs, Commercial office space in the city and more and they need a Quantity Surveyor who is capable of managing multi million pound schemes simultaneously and professionally.
Quantity Surveyor requirements:
- Relevant qualifications to perform the QS job role, ideally Degree educated in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Understand JCT contracts
- Advise on procurement strategy
- Perform risk and analyse costings for tender
- Allocate work for sub-contractors
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Understand H&S
- Update clients when required
- Report directly to Board and on site QS and Project Managers
- Carry out detailed drawing take offs
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to work in Essex/ East London and has experience of working for a UK based consultancy. You will be given the opportunity to work autonomously in a company that listens and values its employees. They are happy to be flexible with working hours and have the mature approach to make sure they employ the best people.
Salary is between £30,000 - £50,000 with healthy benefits and bonus