My client, a London based public body is looking for a qualified and experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their assests and regeneration team on an interim basis, with immediate start.
- To manage the commercial and cost management aspects for the delivery of the programme of investment and planned works.
- To provide commercial and cost management support to the procurement, operations and planning teams.
- To accurately value the works undertaken by the operational teams and contractors
- To review the Service Providers and external consultant's valuations and claims and, where necessary, gather and provide records to substantiate cost and demonstrate value. To determine such matters in line with contractual arrangements in place and ensure approved invoices are processed in a timely and organised
- To prepare and monitor the submission and approval of design, specification and cost estimates information provided by the Service Providers, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- To work with Service Providers to minimise the costs of the service and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required service standards and quality.
- To motivate and line manage junior members of the commercial team.
- To work with the project management team to put in place robust resource management plans in order to deliver effectively complex projects.
- To work with the project management team to manage consultants, contractors, and their supply chain.
- To develop and maintain suitable methodologies to measure productivity and implement incentivisation schemes.
- To identify and make suitable recommendations on the need for other professional services and working with procurement to oversee arrangements for such appointments.
If you have the necessary skills for this assignment please get in touch today with your CV!