A prestigious Landscape Architectural, Construction and Maintenance practice are seeking a Lead Quantity Surveyor for their in house 55+ people strong construction team. This organisation specialise in commercial and high-end residential landscapes with an emphasis on creative and sustainable designs. In addition, an established international projects team has been behind many prestigious and widely-renowned commercial, leisure and private landscaping projects across the globe.
Projects include some country's most prestigious and highest valued, ranging from £100k to £5m+, for a variety of clients such as high net individuals, prime residential developers and commercial end users; 5* hotels, restaurants and office buildings. These can include very unique projects such as helipads, a moat with drawbridge and a fully MEP serviced tree house.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor
Reporting into the Construction Director the Lead Quantity Surveyor will have the responsibility for commercially managing a wide range of projects across London.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of current and future projects in the pipeline.
- Preparing early stage budgets, cost plans and bills of quantities.
- Development of supply chain management strategy and negotiating with suppliers (there is currently a good framework of existing suppliers).
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Value Engineering
- Monitoring, valuations and tracking any variations.
- Quantity Surveying or Construction related degree.
- Working in a similar role for either an architectural practice, contractor or consultancy.
- Good knowledge and experience on MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in a client facing role, ideally private sector.
Salary: £50-60,000 + benefits and bonus
If you are interested or would like any further information regarding the role, please contact Alex Smith on 020 3056 0273 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are considering a career move but this position is not right for you, please give Alex a call to discuss other roles which could be more suitable. Alex specialises in Quantity Surveying recruitment across Developers, Consultancies and Main Contractors, welcoming any speculative applications, permanent or contract at all levels.