Our client, is a privately owned family office who over time have amassed a strong client list, which has enabled them to design, build and develop a number of exquisite residential properties in the South East and due to increase in demand they now require a Quantity Surveyor. The Quantity Surveyor shall work in the development team and shall develop their personal and professional technical skills by working on small refurbishment works and building up to larger new build schemes.
Quantity Surveyor job role and requirements:
- Prepare and conduct cost plans, feasibility studies, tender documentation and pre-tender estimates.
- Provide advice on procurement and contracts
- Prepare robust contract documentation, including Letters of Intent, for execution by our clients and their main contractors.
- Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
- Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the clients project manager prior to submission.
- Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
- Valuing scheme variations.
- Agreeing scheme final accounts
- Analysing scheme construction costs for the client's taxation purposes
- Manage relationships with various people, including clients, project architects, services engineers, project managers, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal teams
- Actively support business objectives and deliver value for money in all circumstances
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Exceptional written ad verbal communication skills
- Exposure to new build and refurbishment projects
If you are looking for an SME that can help you to build interesting, bespoke residential properties and learn form some of the industry leaders, then this is an amazing opportunity for you. We are happy to talk to candidates who have a development or PQS background.
Salary is between £25,000 - £40,000 and is based on experience.