The key attributes that the holder of this role should demonstrate are:
- Independence and entrepreneurial spirit
- Initiative and creative thinking
- Commercial relationship management
- Business development
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Financial modelling skills
Ability to work and thrive in a 'start up' environment
- To provide an internal valuation and professional services function as part of the new property services business to be provided by the client in respect of SIPP and SSAS properties held by the Group, based on the business plan
- To develop the appropriate internal/external controls, terms of engagement, reporting formats and work-flow processes required to deliver a 'volume' service
- Deliver valuation services in conjunction with the remaining team
- Constantly challenge, investigate and identify ways of providing a more efficient, cost effective and reliable service to SIPP members
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including working with senior management and integrating with other departments
- Maintain and promote the image and culture of the Group
- Make confident decisions at a tactical level to move things forward and deliver the business plan goals
- Work effectively as part of a team but also be able to manage individual time effectively and cope with pressure and conflicting demands and deadlines
Internal and External Relationships:
- Effective management of internal and external client relations using tact, persuasion and teamwork, exchanging routine and non routine information clearly so that the recipient can understand and act upon it as required.
- Demonstrate a 'can do' attitude to both internal and external contacts
- Clearly understand the firm's approach to Treating Customers Fairly and customer outcomes, and be fully conversant with the framework set by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Demonstrate a cultural bias towards protecting the client and the Curtis Banks Group brand and ensuring appropriate customer outcomes are delivered, or issues escalated to senior management as appropriate and necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- RICS member and Registered Valuer status
- Responsible for maintaining CPD as required by the RICS
- Experience in providing red book valuations for core commercial asset classes
- Negotiation of rent reviews and lease renewals for core commercial asset classes
- Provision of valuation and rental input advice for loan security, new acquisitions, development and pension benefit drawdown purposes
- Knowledge of valuation software and reporting products necessary to deliver a 'volume' but high quality, compliant service
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the key administration and support software that is central to the work being carried out.
- Understand the requirements for data protection and prevention of financial crime as well as demonstrate exceptional information security control.