Responsible for the resident services and lettings of a flagship development in London. Ensuring that all the resident services are carried out to a high standard and are delivered timely, accurately and in a cost effective manner. To act as the face of the development with residents and visitors, enhancing the overall customer experience.
Marketing & Advertising
- Work with the general manager and marketing team to coordinate overall marketing strategy for the scheme.
- Know competitors and be able to leverage the product and people as a differentiation in the marketplace.
- Proficiently articulate the value proposition of the property.
- Deliver a positive and consistent personal experience with all customers and visitors.
- Monitor all advertising and daily update availability on the management system.
- Update property Facebook page three times per week.
Organising residents events and managing budget spend
- Organise and manage monthly resident events to encourage resident engagement whilst keeping costs to a min.
- Building relationships with local retailers and restaurateurs to agree special offers for our residents.
- Keep residents portal fresh with up to date content including all services and offerings.
Generate new lets
- Daily management of 100% of leads into internal management system.
- Conduct follow ups and sales support to maximise our conversion rate
- Create and train a culture of impeccable customer service and develop and train junior staff members
Understand current market
- Shop all competition at least once a month.
- Review monthly market surveys and be knowledgeable of content.
- Complete weekly competitive survey.
Ensure appearance of property meets required standards
- Complete daily checklist.
- Report all property deficiencies to the appropriate manager.
- Respond to, follow up and close work order requests when applicable.
- Ensure lease paperwork is accurate.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- Check ins - Ensuring legal documentation is accurate.
- Ensuring that repairs are completed within a reasonable timescale.
- Providing exceptional service to the residents, including providing informed and accurate advice in order to ensure that resident retention rates remain high.
- Registering the residents deposit in a secure deposit scheme.
- Drafting AST's and tenancy documents.
- Preparing handover packs & tenants guides.
- Providing an introduction to the building and tour of the facilities available.
- Quarterly internal inspections of the apartments are required, creating a findings report and when there is a maintenance issue or anything that requires attention and actioning this promptly.
- Conduct pre-tenancy inspections to ensure that the property is immaculate prior to move in.
- Arranging EPC, inventories, furniture installation and removal.
- Liaising with the maintenance team and third party companies to arrange for repairs to be completed to a professional standard in a timely manner, following procedures to ensure that service standards are consistent.
- Proactively demand and collect rent arrears, chasing unpaid rents at least twice a week and providing regular updates to the client account manager.
- Serving required legal notices at the correct time to ensure landlord can regain possession accordingly.
- Instruct solicitors on behalf of the client, in the event that legal action is required.
- Attend court on behalf of the client where possession and rent arrears proceedings are brought.
- Charging late payment fees as soon as they become due to encourage residents to pay on time in future.
- Running reports 8 weeks prior to end of tenancy and liaising with residents accordingly to agree renewals. Negotiate rental increases in line with market rent.
- Prepare memorandums to formalise any lease extensions, ensuring residents sign and return renewal documentation in timely manner and make payment of fees accordingly.
- Arranging check out appointment and liaising with the residents regarding deductions where required.
- Arranging for deposits to be released in a timely manner - in line with legislation and company procedure.
- Releasing deposits.
Deverell Smith is a leading executive search firm in the Build to Rent sector. Our team works with a wide range of BTR companies, recruiting roles across Investment, Development and Operational Management. We also have a large US presence, recruiting roles into the US Multifamily market with a number of high profile clients. If you are currently working in the Build to Rent sector, or interested in learning more please get in touch with our Build to Rent team.