Client Side opportunity - Residential Associate Director - Asset Management and Projects for a huge UK private landlord.
We are looking for an individual to fulfil a Residential Associate Director level position for a fantastic business who are part of one of the largest property owners in the UK, with around £6 billion worth of assets around London and the southeast.
The role will largely focus on residential lead projects, typically but not limited to a wide ranging size of refurbishments, minor and major works across the existing 5,000+ portfolio, with some involvement in planning and development on the acquisition side of the business, as well as strategic asset management.
As well as taking a lead on the projects side of the business, in essence you'll also act as "no.2" to the Managing Director, supporting strategically across all the other residential business lines and providing asset management advise, maintaining the portfolio, decreasing and assessing risk, and maximising the assets.
You should ideally have had previous exposure to having worked on;
- Small - large residential refurbishments projects, typically £500,000 - 3 million.
- A specific focus on refurbishment/planning/development works, site appraisals and development acquisitions
- Project management of major works projects and developments -ensuring they are completed in the most commercially effective way from concept to completion.
- Working with in-house teams to identify opportunities to increase the value of the portfolio.
- To act as the primary point of contact with internal and external development and construction stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to increase the density of residential accommodation and/or amenity space from concept stage to completion
Experience would also be desirable to assist with the core business areas:
- Driving additional value by refining the ongoing residential portfolio
- Assist in developing and implementing plans and goals for the business.
- To help prepare, analyse and report on business activity quarterly.
- To manage effective and commercial relationships with external contractors
- To assist the MD in overseeing external managing agents
- To assist the MD in dealing with escalated tenant/lessee complaints.
This person should ideally be s Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) or other industry equivalent qualification with good knowledge of the residential property market, and perhaps have worked for a large private landlord, landed estate or client side organisation before. This role may suit someone from a building surveying, project management or asset management background who enjoys the technical projects side, as well as the long term asset management nature of working within a business like this.
This a super opportunity for someone who wants a long term, secure career, who may even want to take over from the MD long term. They are a super friendly team who operate in a busy environment with a great atmosphere and offer flexibility as best they can.
Perhaps you are tired of the London commute, but not London itself!