Our client is a leading property company, working across Sales, Lettings and Block Management across Tyne & Wear.
The company enjoys an excellent reputation across the region and maintains a sizeable residential portfolio.
Due to increased levels of business, we are now looking to recruit an experienced Block Manager to work as part of an established team.
This fast paced, exciting and ever evolving role involves:
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the day to day long term maintenance for approximately 20 to 25 residential blocks, which include a total of around 300 individual units.
- Conduct regular property inspections.
- Liaise frequently with owners and residents.
- Deal with insurance claims.
- Prepare and rune AGM’s and Director meetings.
- Foresee any likely issues arising from individual leases.
- Proactively developing service levels to exceed client expectation.
- Identify and manage new business opportunities to support business growth.
- Ensure that company procedures are effectively and efficiently undertaken by all members of the team.
- Respond promptly to all maintenance requests.
- The procurement of approved contractors and regularly review to seek competitive prices.
- To arrange and oversee cyclical and planned maintenance programmes.
- Assist in preparing annual budgets.
- Being part of an enthusiastic and driven team, working towards common goals.
You will already be an experienced Block Manager with a minimum of 1 years experience in the sector, as you will need to hit the ground running. You must have:
- Strong communication skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of legislation relating to property and the Block Management process, including experience of the Section 20 process and knowledge of CDM15.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Confident and able to work alone, as well as be part of a team.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- A willingness to go the extra mile.
- Full UK driving license and access to your own car.
- Industry recognised qualifications, such as ARMA and ARLA would be advantageous.
- £25,000pa to £30,000pa depending on experience
- Regular Salary Reviews
- Generous mileage allowance
- Excellent long term career prospects