A leading multidisciplinary consultancy is looking to add a Rights of Light Surveyor to their team due to backlog of workload and huge future potential.
As one of an existing team of 3 focusing on neighbourly matters, your role as Rights of Light Surveyor will be to offer your services to the existing clients of your department as well as the wider Building Consultancy team. The company's aim is to keep all services in house to fully maximise profit streams. There will also be significant potential for business development, either with existing clients or with new opportunities and any clients successfully brought over will be strongly rewarded.
There are accelerated growth plans in line for this department and depending upon your experience, there is an opportunity to either head up the team, bringing in additional resource if needed or to get to this level very quickly. Work is currently being turned away due to lack of resource and you will have access to around 3-6 months work upon joining.
- To ensure full information is gathered together relating to the proposed site and the surrounding area to ensure a full assessment is possible.
- To examine legal documents and deeds and assess their relevance.
- To write reports and environmental impact assessments to advise clients on the best way forward, advising on neighbour's rights to light, daylight and sunlight in relation to planning permission, anticipated compensation and potential architectural adjustments.
- To act as principal client liaison, manage client expectations at all stages and ensure deadlines are met.
- To present/discuss solutions and issues at client meetings with high level client exposure.
- To project/time manage a large number of projects at once.
- Negotiate on behalf of clients with neighbours prior to building.
Location - Central London
Salary - £40,000 - £80,000 D.O.E
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading consultancy, sitting within a wider team and gaining maximum exposure to a wide range of projects whilst developing your own career.