Senior Block/Estate Manager for Art Deco development in Balham
An experienced Estate manager is required by a well-established property management firm in Balham
This firm have more than 30 years' experience in the sector, and are one of the largest property managers in the UK with over 10,000 units under management.
The estate you will be managing features an Art Deco facade. A distinctive local landmark, it was opened in 1937 and, with 676 apartments, is the largest privately owned block of flats under one roof in Europe.
The duties of this Senior Block/Estate manager role will include:
- Staff management - A team of 14 consisting of Concierge, Security, and Site Operatives.
- Project management, supervising and coordinating the work of contractors, including overseeing major works scheduled for the development (internal redecoration, external landscape gardening and the replacement of x10 lifts is planned)
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential services such as office services, reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling.
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation.
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
- Record Keeping - Provide and maintain all relevant log books and associated registers such as: - Key Holding, H&S records, Disaster Management, and Work Permits.
- Security - Responsible for keeping the Estate secure and safe. Management of CCTV, Security patrols, Access Control, and liaising with local police and community support.
- M&E - Fully conversant with all on site operating procedures and operation of the plant systems.
- Administration and management of budgets; planning and managing events.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
The ideal Senior Block/Estate manager will have:
- At least 3 years' experience in the capacity of a Senior Block Manager
- Ability to manage service charge budgets
- A strong understanding of current Leasehold and building legislation and safety procedures
- Pleasant, helpful and efficient manner
- General building maintenance knowledge
- Strong customer service with a can do, proactive attitude
- ARPM (or higher)
- IOSH and/or NEBOSH qualifications
(Please note - candidates are required to have the above qualifications in order to be considered for this position)
This role offers a competitive salary of up to £50,000pa
If you're interested in this opportunity please apply now or contact Benjamin Brazil at Deverell Smith for further information.