Senior Conveyancing Progressor
We’re fundamentally changing the way that property is sold by providing a guaranteed minimum sale price within 90 days. A smooth conveyancing process is a vital part of achieving this ambitious goal consistently, so we’re looking for someone that can efficiently manage our property sales from offer to completion.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick and are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
You will be responsible for managing the process of getting an offer to completion in the shortest time possible. You’ll work closely with our COO and Head of Agency to develop and optimise our progression processes. Specific tasks will include:
- Liaising effectively with all stakeholders in the deal, especially the buyer, seller and their solicitors and mortgage brokers
- Rigorous process management of the end to end conveyancing process
- Anticipating and solving problems early in the process
- Providing conveyancing advice to the valuation team
- Issuing contracts to new customers
- Managing the process of paying out guarantees on properties not sold in 90 days
As one of the first recruits in this early stage start up you will have the opportunity to be exposed and contribute to every aspect of the business from selling properties to important strategic decisions.
The ideal candidate
We are flexible on experience and can shape the role for the right person. However, we think you’ll probably:
- Have experience in progressing residential property transactions
- Have good understanding of conveyancing law
- Have strong prioritisation and organisational skills to be able to manage multiple accounts at once
- Be able to deliver a high level of customer service
- Want to work in an early stage start-up environment. This requires the desire and ability to get things done and the willingness to work hard and do whatever it takes to make this happen.
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- Be a qualified conveyancing solicitor
We believe our values set us apart and our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)