Our client, a nationwide residential developer with a truly exceptional reputation, are looking for an experienced Development Manager to join their team, South of London. Held in high-acclaim, they have scooped a host of awards in recent years, including Housebuilder of the year and Residential Company of the Year and have a number of notable and exciting projects in the pipeline.
The company's winning ethos is to reconcile the innovation and efficiency of one of the UK's more reputable housebuilders, with ideals of sustainability, build and design quality. Familiarity with this area of the market, volume house-building, would consequently be preferred.
While this role is 'cradle-to-grave,' the ideal candidate will not necessarily come from a construction background, as our client both incorporates an in-house construction team and outsources any technical areas exceeding their expertise to external consultants. That said, the successful candidate will be involved until the keys change hands and therefore conversancy with the construction phase is advantageous.
Current projects in the pipeline include a 350 unit site north of London and two further projects in the South East and South West, respectively, on the horizon.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a minimum 2:1 in a property/construction related discipline.
- Have a strong front-end skillset, encompassing everything from site-identification, site-optimisation, planning, structuring of JVs, a good strategic mind and an understanding of the financial mechanisms which underpin any development.
- Have an understanding of the construction phase, allowing them to talk on the level of the delivery team and ensure, in this engagement, that feasibility findings translate to buildability.
- Be required to liaise with: external consultants and contractors alike; stakeholders, ranging from funds and banks to high net worth individuals; members of the internal construction team.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience as a Development Manager, ideally for a residential developer.
- Possess a drive and enthusiasm matching that of the company, ensuring they maintain the standards of excellence for which they are renowned.
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 base . 15 - 20% bonus, plus car allowance.