The Investment/Development arm of one of the UK's largest, longest established and most reputable main contractors seeks an experienced and highly strategic Senior Development Manager to assist them in identifying viable development opportunities throughout the UK, before handing over to the internal delivery team.
The successful candidate is likely to share the same specialism as our client, namely high volume, residentially-led developments, incorporating elements of commercial, retail and leisure. An understanding of the construction process would be a bonus, to allow for consultation with the delivery team at the pre-construction phase, but this is an almost exclusively front-end role, beginning with the conceptual, through design, site optimisation, planning and concluding at the point of handover.
This role would be ideally suited to a candidate with a background in residential development, preferably within both private and public entities, as well as, more broadly, an appreciation of the procedure required to bring large-scale, mixed-tenure and mixed-use urban developments to site.
Exposure to contract values in excess of £30million would be advantageous, as would being conversant with the financial mechanisms underpinning the development process. Extensive experience liaising with local authorities, particularly planning officers, is a must.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a property-related Bachelors Degree of some sort.
- Have a minimum of 6 years professional experience in the Property sector.
- Be highly practical, presentable, have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and be good at identifying promising investment opportunities.
- Excel, both as an individual in pursuit of their own remit, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a proven ability of taking the conceptual and bringing it to site.
This role will provide the successful candidate with:
- The opportunity to work directly with one of the company Directors.
- The platform to progress within one of the UK's leading property companies.
- The chance to out their stamp on iconic, challenging and unique developments, throughout the UK.
- Access to appropriate professional training.
Salary: Up to £95,000 base - subject to experience.