Our Client is a well-established and well-funded Housing Association that specialises in the Western Home Counties. They believe everyone should have a roof to live under which requires them to have a strong development programme that targets the delivery of over 400 affordable houses per annum. They are seeking a Head of Development to manage the development team, maximize development opportunities and to ensure the team delivers on targets.
The successful candidate will possess a comprehensive knowledge of current Housing Association operating environment as we as an established understanding of development and construction. Understanding of Local Authority/HCA funding procedures is desirable but not essential.
It is likely that this person will have a good level of experience as a Senior Development Manager and would this role as a step up to a more Senior Management position.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Development:
- Manage Development Programme and ensure it meets strategic plan
- Identify and analyse new business opportunities
- Have overall control over each formal bid to HCA
- Identify and evaluate new development opportunities
Successful Head of Development applicants will have:
- Knowledge of RP's operating environment
- Previous experience with technical aspects of development and building
- Experience in the Home Counties
- Acquisition and project management at a senior level
- Experience with preparation of financial viability and risk reports
Salary and Benefits:
- Up to £71,000 (depending on experience) + annual performance bonus
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Free on-site parking and gym