An experienced Senior Development Project Manager is sought by our client, an international private real estate developer, based in a well-appointed area of London, specialising, though not exclusively, in luxury residential developments in and around London. The successful candidate would be joining a lean in-house development team and arranging/managing a high volume of external appointments, with subsequent involvement in the design process, cost-estimation and a range of other pre-construction activities (tendering, establishing the programme of works) as well as seeing out the delivery phase of the project through to practical completion.
Their current development portfolio comprises schemes ranging in value from £6milllion to £50million GDV, and not uncommonly exceeding 300 units, predominantly within Zones 1 & 2. Past exposure to high-rise developments would be an asset to prospective candidates, as they are about to commence delivery of 2 High-Rise residential towers. An ability to oversee several projects at once is also a must.
The role will comprise:
- Development of Client Briefs and Project Execution Plans to deliver outputs.
- Management of the design teams in order to navigate the planning process and secure consent.
- Assisting with the compilation of tender documents, reviewing tender returns, contract negotiations, awards of contract and client reporting.
- Cost planning and appointing/overseeing external QS.
- Initiation and development of project documentation, programmes, master budget etc.
- Design and produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects.
- Measuring and reporting contractor progress against the contract programme throughout the duration of the project.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a minimum of 5 years PQE experience within a Consultancy or Property Developer.
- Have a demonstrable successful track record of delivering prime Residential and Mixed-Use projects, ideally in London or another large UK city.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder skills are a necessity.
- Be able to demonstrate experience across the full project life-cycle.
- Possess one of the following qualifications: MRICS/MCIOB/APAM.
The role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to:
- Work on exciting, bespoke, high-end projects in some of London's most affluent areas.
- Join a well-financed company with big aspirations.
- Gain exposure to a prestigious client base in a notoriously inaccessible area of the market.
Salary is between £75,000 and £90,000 plus benefits and bonus.