My client is a large central London borough who is investing a large amount of money in regeneration by looking after its existing portfolio and creating a large amount of new homes over a 6 year period.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to progress your career as you will be working alongside the private and public sector and will give you a good understanding of how they both work and come together. The role requires you to identify regeneration areas and to work alongside stakeholders to produce the finished article. It is definitely a hands on role.
The main responsibilities will include;
- Identifying and prioritising where the next regeneration schemes might be;
- Reviewing strategy and rationale for existing regeneration to ensure they are still in keeping with the needs of the community;
- Negotiating with major London developers to secure section 106 opportunities;
- Involvement in negotiating development deals and neighbourly matters (e.g. rights of lights / access agreements) with landowners and developers;
- Working with the manager as the Client Representative in delivering housing-led development opportunities, engaging not only with other landowners, but also town planners and other stake holders.
The candidate will be;
- Member of the RICS or RTPI - At least 2 years post qualification experience;
- An excellent communicator, both within the company and also external parties;
- Flexible in approaching a wide range of tasks, from the strategic matters to those of detail;
- Able to quickly understand complex and multi-faceted initiatives;
- A deal maker, knowing how and when to close a deal;
- Contributing new ideas and innovative suggestions to improve work effectiveness.
For more information or to apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 3056 1289.