This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Viability Affordable Housing team (part of our Development Consultancy team), providing development viability appraisal advice to a range of private development companies active in London and the South East. The Viability Affordable Housing team is a young and profitable team made up of 8 dedicated and experienced professionals. This is an opportunity to progress your career in a successful and growing team.
The Senior Development Surveyor will be based in London but will be expected to travel within the UK from time to time in order to undertake site visits and attend meetings. The Senior Development Surveyor will report into a Director within the Viability and Affordable Housing team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with project team members and other property professionals to source information for development appraisals.
- Undertaking development appraisals for various purposes including Financial Viability Assessments, development scheme option appraisals and cash flow modelling;
- Preparing Financial Viability reports to justify levels of affordable housing and other planning benefits contained within a planning application;
- Undertaking research and sourcing comparable evidence for valuation purposes; commercial and residential properties;
- Undertaking valuations of existing properties and/ or land;
Desired Skills and Experience
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors;
- 2/3+ years post MRICS qualification experience or equivalent;
- Experienced Argus Developer user;
- Good valuation experience; preferably a Registered Valuer;
- Experience of commercial & residential development market;
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Client facing skills, confidence and self-motivation are vital.