Headquartered in Kings Cross, our client is a highly professional and commercial Housing Association, undertaking major projects throughout London and Home Counties, seeking the services of an experienced Project Manager. This slick operation, who have year-on-year hit their affordable housing targets, are a nationwide set-up, with Senior Management steeped in Private Development, and are looking for Project Managers from a Consultancy/Private Development background (better still with an HA facet to their profile) to assist in the delivery of a regional target of 700+ affordable homes next year, rising to 1500 units in the next 5 years.
Given that their current largest single undertaking is a 240-unit, mixed-tenure site, they seek a Senior Project Manager with volume delivery experience, as well as prior experience in a client-side capacity. As such, applicants from a consultancy background will ideally have worked in an EA capacity.
Reporting directly to the Head of Development, and overseeing one Project Manager (rising to 3/4 within 1-2 years) the successful candidate's involvement would span everything from feasibility to completion. A degree level education in a Technical background (Architecture/QS/Engineering/Construction Project Management) is also a pre-requisite.
The appointee would be overseeing a multidisciplinary team of Technical and Commercial consultants through the design, planning and tender stages, would be responsible for appointing and coordinating all contractors, writing the project schedule and ultimately seeing projects through to successful completion. They will also be expected to deliver schemes, not just on a s.106 basis alongside specialist housebuilders, but also with land-led sites, built out by contractors from our client's existing framework. Multi-storey delivery experience would be a bonus.
The successful applicant is likely to possess most of the following qualities:
- MRICS status (our client is seeking to establish a grad scheme)
- 5+ years experience of delivering large scale residential projects
- A background in a Private Developer/Consultancy/Commercial HA
- An academic background in a Technical discipline (Architecture/ QS/Engineering/Construction Project Management)
The successful applicant will benefit from:
- A competitive salary, somewhat more generous than many of their competitors offer
- A performance-related bonus, in line with the market in which they operate
- An ambitious platform on which to develop
- Access to relevant training, particularly APC if desired
- Good perks related to the role
Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 dependent on experience, plus maximum 10% performance related bonus.
For more information, call Philip on 020 3056 6299