The successful applicant would have the opportunity to interface with a highly exclusive client-base, comprising some of the world's iconic brands, across all sectors. The entire project life-cycle, from site acquisition to disposal of built assets, is conducted in house and the scale of the projects undertaken is commensurate to the scale of the company undertaking them.
The roles in question, Senior Project Managers/Associate Director, would ideally suit a candidate with a strong client-facing persona, an adaptability to a high-performance, global, corporate environment, where they would be required to interact with a network of offices spanning the globe and numbering in the hundreds.
The ideal candidate would have a proven track-record of delivering high value (in excess of £20million GDV) residential and hospitality projects; experience in new build university halls of residence would also be desirable, while a combination of the three is the exemplar.
This role offers the successful candidate an exceptional opportunity to:
- Head-up some of the UK's most ambitious residential projects.
- Take charge of professional/contractor appointments, project scheduling and all elements of H&S, to ensure that project delivery matches or exceeds budgetary and time projections.
- Undertake a combination of business development and overseeing design and on-site construction teams.
- Deal directly with both upper management and high-profile clientele and develop new schemes for investor clients.
- Exercise independence of thought and innovation, both of which are encouraged: a sense of proprietorship over the projects under your remit is a must.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a background in any of the following: Quantity/Building Surveying, Architecture or Engineering.
- Be comfortable with their feet under a desk, on-site and in a client facing capacity: remit covers everything from design, procurement & and construction process to stakeholder duties.
- Have attained a minimum 2:1 at undergrad level in a property/construction related degree and be MRICS Chartered.
- Have experience of having overseen projects throughout the entire life-cycle, from inception to completion, but possess a focused speciality in the delivery phase.
- Have a minimum of 5 years UK-based PM experience in any combination of the following: Residential Development, Hotels/Hospitality and University Halls of Residence.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, as well as diplomacy and business acumen.
- Be looking to work autonomously within a strong global support network.
This role offers a salary of between £60,000 - £80,000 with an annual bonus and other excellent benefits.
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Philip at Deverell-Smith's Technical Division.