If you are looking to join a growing company with a worldwide presence then we are currently working with an exciting property developer based in London looking to expand their finance team. Due to a number of recent acquisitions, our client is looking for a Senior Property Accountant to assist the Finance Director.
Our client invests and develops primarily commercial property across the UK, although they have a strong presence across the rest of the world in Asia and Australia.
This role includes the following duties and responsibility:
- Preparing and reviewing the management and statutory accounts
- Analysing accruals, deferred income and journals from external bookkeepers
- Liaising with property managers and external bookkeepers to ensure the accounts are accurate
- Assess and review monthly transactions for service charge, corporate costs and non-recoverable costs
- Updating lease and rent schedules
- Liaising with PwC regarding quarterly VAT returns
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company with ambitious growth plans and potential. So much so, that they are currently in the process of moving to a larger office to accommodate the additional staff they are looking to recruit.
They are looking for somebody with the following skills and prior experience:
- Experience within property accounts is essential for this position (within investment, development or property management), ideally within the commercial property sector
- You must be a qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) or at least qualified experience.
- Strong excel skills are essential in this position
- Experience using SAP is strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills are crucial as you will be liaising with property managers, auditors as well as senior personally internally
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in and feel as though you have the right skill set based on the criteria above then feel free to apply now. If you would like to know more information about this role then feel free to call Joseph Morris at Deverell Smith to discuss this position in more detail.