A Client Side Organisation are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the Commercial function within their in house development department, made up of 20+ people in Central London. This is an exciting time for a financially stable organisation who have over 2000 residential units in their growing pipeline across the South-East.
Role and Responsibilities of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
Reporting into the Head of Commercial, the Quantity Surveyors main responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with Development Managers to co-ordinate the procurement and the management of consultants and contractor framework agreements.
- Advising on contractual terms and forms of contract (JCT).
- Monitoring and reporting on financial performance, for example cash flow and revenue forecasts.
- Providing analysis on tender returns, final reports and recommendations.
- Financial limits in accordance with the delegated authority and in line with compensation framework.
- Assistant the Head of Commercial with the management of a junior surveyor.
Projects will be new build residential developments in London and across the South-East, they will include Private, PRS and also affordable aspects. From day one the Quantity Surveyor will take the lead and be involved with a variety of projects in different parts of their life-cycle from initial feasibility studies to post-contract.
Live examples include some smaller developments currently in pre and post contract stage - £5-15m, a circa £66m development at feasibility/land acquisition stage and a £190m development well on the way into pre-construction.
- Quantity Surveying related degree.
- MRICS or MCIOB, ideally however not essential.
- 5+ years' experience at either a Residential Developer or Consultancy
- Ideally residential development experience
Salary: Up to £65,000 + excellent package and benefits
If you are interested or would like any further information regarding the role, please contact Alex Smith on 020 3056 0273 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are considering a career move but this position is not right for you, please give Alex a call to discuss other roles which could be more suitable. Alex specialises in Quantity Surveying recruitment across Developers, Consultancies and Main Contractors, welcoming any speculative applications, permanent or contract at all levels.