I am currently seeking an experienced Service Charge Accountant to join an established block management business. Their office, based in West Kent is looking for somebody to help them to manage the accounts for half of their growing residential portfolio.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates to enjoy a varied role gaining exposure to both service charge and management accounts within the business. If you are a friendly personality keen to work with like-minded people then this could be an ideal role for yourself.
The role involves the following duties and responsibilities:
- Production of monthly management accounts for clients, including income and expenditure reports.
- Maintaining the general ledger and preparing journals
- Performing variance analysis for any differences between budgeted and actual figures
- Creating and issuing service charge demands on a quarterly, bi-annual and annual basis
- Setting up new properties on to the internal system
- Processing invoices, payments and receipts
- Preparing necessary documents for financial accounts and service charge year-end accounts
The client is looking for candidates with the following experience:
- ACCA qualified candidates would be preferred although it is not essential
- At least two years' experience handling service charge accounts
- A friendly personality and an ability to work well within a small team is crucial for this position
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail is vital
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company with an excellent track record and welcoming office environment, if this position is something you are keen on then apply now. Alternatively if you would like to know more about this opportunity then please feel free to call Joseph Morris at Deverell Smith on 020 3056 0285 to find out more.