- Build a strong relationship with the owners of each property for which the Surveyor has management responsibility, having a detailed understanding of how each Centre operates as a commercial business venture and understand the aims of the Client's business plan.
- Establish a strong relationship with the on-site management team and build knowledge of the Centre; the role of contract staff and existing programmes for maintenance of plant, machinery and fabric. Have an understanding of Health & Safety policy and corporate environmental policy and the impact on Centre procedures. Manage directly employed site based staff including recruitment and performance management.
- Responsible for the financial management of each Centre, to ensure that budgets are set and monitored effectively on behalf of the Client. Liaise with the CM to ensure that the annual service charge budget is prepared and approved in advance of the new financial year.
- In advance of the monthly management meeting produce service charge expenditure and arrears report and collate with individual reports from the CM and letting agents to produce the monthly Management Report for the Client. Attend the meeting and post meeting ensure that accurate minutes are circulated and agreed action points are managed.
- Build a good knowledge of the tenant base per property and deal with the administration for all new leases, including legal enquiries and completion statement. Maintain the Tenancy Schedule and service charge liability spreadsheet for each property to ensure that tenant information is accurate & up to date including all rent reviews, lease renewals and changes in lease terms, to ensure effective management of the Centre on behalf of the Client.
- Act as the focal point for all tenant alteration applications to ensure compliance with lease covenants and statutory obligations, co-ordinating client approval and licensing confirmation. Liaise with the CM to ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the consent granted.
- Maintain awareness of tenant arrears and monitor when to become involved in arrears chasing, liaising with Accounts and the Client where necessary, to ensure that credit control is managed effectively.
knowledge, skills & experience
- MRICS. Strong technical knowledge.
- Experience of managing shopping centres is essential to include knowledge and experience of scheme marketing a broad knowledge of effective social media management within a shopping centre environment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word and Outlook. Excel - advanced level.
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written.
- Proactive, with ability and initiative to work independently and as part of the wider team; strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Numerate and accurate with strong organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.